PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 crashed Alps
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2020, 22:17
nomorehelosforme

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
I think aa777888 found it and it is hardly abstract but you are too clever and knowledgeable to learn anything new....

The answer to my question was - take the crosswind from the left (or the same side as your power pedal is). Why? Because weathercock effect (the desire for the aircraft to point into wind) will require non-power pedal to overcome, meaning a lower Tq demand and a reduction in power required (important at high AUM and high DA). If you take the wind from the non-power pedal side, you need more power pedal to stop the weathercock and therefore more Tq overall.

There, that wasn't too abstract was it?

Gash is an attitude of mind - it's the opposite of professional. A bit like a closed mind not willing to embrace new knowledge compared to one striving to learn and improve.
Crab, the poor guy will take weeks to get his head around that, and after he figures out what “abstract “ really means he might want to contend with
“The answer to my question was” paragraph .... at which point who knows what the 20 year experienced 5 minute tour flying pilot might respond with, we live in hope of something sensible....