PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 crashed Alps
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2020, 21:53
Robbiee

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
I think aa777888 found it and it is hardly abstract but you are too clever and knowledgeable to learn anything new....

The answer to my question was - take the crosswind from the left (or the same side as your power pedal is). Why? Because weathercock effect (the desire for the aircraft to point into wind) will require non-power pedal to overcome, meaning a lower Tq demand and a reduction in power required (important at high AUM and high DA). If you take the wind from the non-power pedal side, you need more power pedal to stop the weathercock and therefore more Tq overall.

There, that wasn't too abstract was it?

Gash is an attitude of mind - it's the opposite of professional. A bit like a closed mind not willing to embrace new knowledge compared to one striving to learn and improve.
Left crosswind, hmm? I didn't make it very far into that article when I first found it (yes aa posted it here, but I still found it on his post) before my eyes got heavy and I started losing focus, but I thought that dude said that the trade-off of the left crosswind approach wasn't really as beneficial as those of you who prefer it think it is?

Anyway, weathercocking is not a new phenomenon, nor is making decisions based on power limitations when hot, heavy, and high.

,..but thanks for the refresher.