PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 5th Nov 2020, 15:00
14 6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
donpizmeov

Since you have asked so nicely, here it is. Besides I want you to be able to breathe freely.

Saying sorry is a good thing, but unfortunately your sarcasm drowns out the message.

You and Rex are two dangerous wind-up artists who chose to misconstrue most of the messages on this thread. Whether it is intentional or due to a lack of comprehension, I don't know, therefore you need to hear this:

EVERYONE on this thread has nothing but the sincerest empathy with colleagues who had been made redundant. All of us have close friends and/or neighbors who are going through a crisis period. We share their hardship on a personal level and anybody who suggests otherwise is being dishonest and vindictive!

This thread was started by someone who sent out a dire warning, but instead of taking heed, people like your buddy Rex decided to ridicule the messenger and talk down to him like you do to a child. Considering where we are now, that warning was conservative! Pilots are trained to take note of warnings and prepare mitigating strategies accordingly, but you two prefer to kill the messenger. Sometimes I wonder whether you are pilots at all. With such behaviour I surely am glad that I will not be sharing a cockpit with you! Note that I at least have a valid reason unlike Rex who just refuses to fly with "c-words" like me.

The next issue is that you claim to have been in the sandpit for a long time, yet you think that should the remaining pilots volunteer for a pay cut, others might be saved. That is delusional! Management decides how many staff will stay and what remuneration they will receive. This is not a democracy and we have zero input to make!

This brings me to the main issue. All of us are coming out of a 6-month-50%-pay period. Some even had to finance a forced villa move! What in your right mind convinces you that the "remainers" are in a financial position to volunteer for an extension of the salary reduction? What makes you think that they are not already supporting family/friends who have been made redundant? What makes you think that they will not receive the dreaded email themselves a week from now?

Final point! Financial hardship in the sandpit has been under your noses for a long time already. To get on your high horse only now that the pilot community is being hit, is hypocritical! You don, specifically mentioned the loan issue. Taking out a loan is 100% an personal choice and for the most part it is lifestyle related. Here we are given free accommodation, utilities, transport to and from work. There is ample and cheap public transportation. Schools provide bus services. We are given reasonable salaries to cover all these. I say again, taking out loans and getting into debt are private matters and nothing to do with others. Please stop trying to make us feel guilty for the inability of others to make their repayments.