PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lock Down Affect on GA ???
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2020, 15:32
homonculus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Until the law is passed, the Gov.uk guidelines state

This means you must not leave or be outside of your home except for specific purposes. These include:
  • for childcare or education, where this is not provided online
  • for work purposes, where your place of work remains open and where you cannot work from home (including if your job involves working in other people’s homes)
  • to exercise outdoors or visit an outdoor public place - with the people you live with, with your support bubble or, when on your own, with 1 person from another household (children under school age, as well as those dependent on round-the-clock care, such as those with severe disabilities, who are with their parents will not count towards the limit on two people meeting outside).
  • for any medical concerns, reasons, appointments and emergencies, or to avoid or escape risk of injury or harm - such as domestic abuse
  • shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which should be as infrequent as possible
  • to visit members of your support bubble or provide care for vulnerable people, or as a volunteer
It seems therefore that Mr Shapps PPL is correct and I suspect very very few people will be able to justify GA flights. I agree with the LAA, and unlike March I have doubts about the data, but the law is the law.