PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying for free to build hours
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2020, 22:22
nigelsomers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roj approved
Well, call me stupid, but I’m not sure how you are going to be able to pay your VET fee debt if you are flying for free????

And from the VET website:

Repayments are taken out of what you earn through the tax system.
You won’t need to make repayments until you are earning more than $51,957 a year. This is called the repayment threshold.

There is no interest charged on HELP debts

So, if I am understanding you, you want to get some experience, so you can get a paying job so you can start paying off your “crippling” VET debt which you don’t need to pay off until you earn +$51k pa and it will be automatically deducted from your salary?

VET is the cheapest money you will ever get, forget about it.

What you are really wanting to know, is: How do I get some experience so I can kick off my career?
Yeah just to kickstart a career. In the meantime, just applying with Centrelink for jobseeker until something comes up. Willing to do anything to be honest! But your right, I don't have to start paying any of it back until I earn over a certain limit. I just didn't know what the expectation of a new pilot is nowadays. Whether you need to do some work experience in a remote area on no income or minimal wage. Hence the question...