PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2020, 03:55
Global Aviator

Received 130 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Ragnor
Nope, they should repatriate to their home state, thats their elected leader to raise the cap to allow them to been almost 8 months now time for other states to do their bit and stop hiding behind their false achievements. QLD, WA, TAS all took the easy options, as AP has said NSW is a bees d!ck away from an outbreak lets not let it get to that. NSW should not be left with the bill of residents of other states. I understand they pay for hotel, but NSW picks the tab up for testing, supply of law enforcement, bus hire the list goes on.
I agree 100%, fact is though it is not possible. I’ve had many friends trying to come home, 3,4,5,6,+ cancelled flights, bit the bullet and pay for a first class or business class ticket to increase the chances. Still flights cancelled. Hence why people will jump on a flight to anywhere possible, you can’t blame the person.

The government or rather lack of unity in government has caused this mess. One must quarantine where one lands, the only exception the very few international transits that can be approved. It is a cluster fcuk of huge proportions. The general Aussie doesn’t realise how bad the situation is. There are over 30,000 still registered with DFAT wanting to come home. Who knows the real numbers with not everyone registered with DFAT.

States are the ones who decide the caps not the feds, hence it is even more of a cluster. There is little unity, we have all seen it in the media, leaders blaming ScoMo and the other way around. Who’s on first?