PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 31st Oct 2020, 07:12
Global Aviator

Received 129 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunfish
The outbound restriction exists to justify the inbound restriction.

We do not want 20 million rich Asians suddenly deciding that Australia is the lifeboat from which to watch the disaster that is Covid in Asia.

........and they will bring Covid19 with them, as will returning Australian bogans if we were stupid enough to let them holiday in Bali.
The disaster Covid is in Asia?

Singapore opening and less restrictions, many travel bubbles starting. It is a slow build but it is opening.

Thailand doing pretty well and accepting long term visitors. Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia all seem to be doing very well. China almost seems normal, have a look at the travel any of your friends living there are doing.

Yes there are areas in Asia that are a worry however Asia is a big place. I do get your point however Australia is not the be all and end all.

Now back to the thread!

It is a shame QF couldn’t have done more repatriation flights, as I stated on another thread if these flights are managed right then they will not be terrible loss makers. The diff is QF isn’t a gov airline so it took this long for the gov to step in. The QF repatriation flights are not even scratching the issue. The minute caps are removed all QF Int should be flying flat out, cargo outbound, full or Covid full with spacing inbound.

I certainly do care about QF, many mates affected. However when you see the different strategies different airlines take you do have to wonder. Many forget that there was hundreds of tonnes of cargo being moved during Covid and this kept many an airframe and crew flying.