PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scone airport (YSCO) closing for a month
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2020, 22:01
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Office Update
KRviator,

You need to read the NOTAM
Helicopter Ops are permitted on a different runway. I thought Columbia USA had one of their PNG registered Civil Chinook's (H47) at Scone, parked since last fire season.
I was not aware that RNAV/GNSS approaches were the domain of the airport operator; are they going to have the approaches withdrawn from every FMS nav computer in the world?
Nothing makes sense !
I do believe you've misunderstood the NOTAM, OU. In a meeting with the Airport Manager and Council on 15/10 and again 29/10 she made it perfectly clear nothing will be operating there. The entire AD will be closed, including the runway, for resheeting, lighting and drainage upgrades. AIUI, the helicopter NOTAM is there to stop helicopters approaching directly to their normal parking spots, which are currently occupied by construction equipment, fencing & drainage and workers moving back and forth. I didn't see a CH-47 there the last couple times I flew in, but I wasn't looking for one either.

As for the approach, you're spot on, no they can't delete it from the databases, but they can NOTAM (or at least ask) for it to be NOTAM'd NOT AVBL, same as if a crane or similar obstacle was in the OLS for that approach temporarily. And I wouldn't put it past the airport manager to try that on, to "just make sure" no one even tries to use Scone during her little upgrade.
Originally Posted by ASA
SCONE (YSCO)
C31/20 REVIEW C28/20
WEF 2011080500 AD NOT AVBL
REFER METHOD OF WORKING PLAN YSCO 1901 (STAGE 3 AND 4)
FROM 10 282350 TO 12 050300

C29/20 REVIEW C26/20
AD MAJOR CONSTRUCTION WIP
MEN AND EQPT OCCUPYING ALL MOVEMENT AND MANOEUVRING AREAS MEN AND EQPT WILL VACATE WITH 15MIN PN
CTC WORKS SAFETY OFFICER TEL: 0439 428 134 REFER METHOD OF WORKING PLAN YSCO 1901 STAGE 1
FROM 10 090150 TO 11 270530 EST

HJC27/20
ALL HEL ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES CONFINED TO RWY 11/29 ONLY
TEMPO PRKG AREA NE THR RWY 11 MARKED WITH YELLOW CONES
FROM 10 080518 TO 01 080500 EST
Here's one of the construction drawings I managed to get a photo of last week showing the airside works & new taxiway.