PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dennis Kenyon RIP
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2020, 15:20
jez d

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
The last time I saw Dennis was when he visited in early 2018 to do what turned out to be his last ever DA renewal under the watchful eye of John Beatie. Man and machine in absolute harmony.

He gave me a copy of his recently released thriller 'Dangerous Appointment' and here's his author's note:

"Occasionally, I'm asked why I wrote this story. The answer is I once found myself in a Menominee hotel a day too early for an Aviation Seminar. The outside temperature was forty degrees below freezing... the nearby lake Michigan was frozen over. With time on my hands, I hired a snowmobile and drove a few miles out to see the pack ice. The deadly quiet and absolute cold hostility of that place had me thinking... what a perfect setting for a nasty piece of skullduggery. The story you are about to read was conceived right there and then.

"Alistair Craig is not me... although I have relied heavily on my own travel and flying experience and once made the flight I describe. Some characters are based on aviation friends for originality and if you recognise yourself... I ask forbearance.

"The locations and place names are not real but 'Top Risk' was a real racer. A fine horse I have ridden and loved. The Champagne Princess was a real yacht, too, but I do not know who owns her now.

"And finally the politics of my story will of course change as will the value of money. I just pray future years will see our world problems resolved."

Dennis Kenyon
Kings Cable
England

March 2018