PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 30th Oct 2020, 10:02
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by ruprecht
and...?

There are more than a few FOs on the A380 who were on the 737 for years, before landing a gig on the A380 in the last 2 years.

It’s just a sh!tty situation all round.
Yeah, it is a ****ty situation all round. But right place right time applies.

The 737 won’t be an option (can’t RIN between awards and company won’t train more than necessary onto 737) so the only options in mainline for stood down 380 and 747 pilots are 330 and 787. And I believe they only get a shot once existing pilots have been retrained back to their roles and with concessions. By the time that happens it will be a couple of years into the future, and I’d assume the market would’ve picked up substantially if both 330 and 787 are back flying at max capacity. Maybe enough to bring a few 380s back.

Another option which may occur in 12-18 months is another VR. I can foresee more pilots requesting it in that time frame, perhaps the first one was too soon after the initial shock of stand downs, maybe more will be comfortable putting their hand up for it after they’ve established themselves in a new career.

So once those things happen, plus the existing 250 to go soon under VR/ER there’ll be a more manageable situation in 2022/23.

Originally Posted by ScepticalOptomist
It’s not relevant where they could have gone - seniority is still the rule of the land.
Not necessarily, ask Kendall CRJ pilots about how seniority works. Although the situations would be different it shows courts don’t always follow strict seniority in IR law.