PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NO Instrument App/NO TAF - Alternate ?
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2020, 22:18
finestkind

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
Pity the Australian AIP doesn’t say that.

Wouldn’t it be great if - one day - the Australian AIP was again written properly?
Done BUT. As we love the very efficient professional accuracy and faultless administrative bureaucracy of “Govermint” departments there will be no surprise that this was once done. The school where I did my SCPL (I think that was what it was called in those days) had a very interesting individual that ran the course. Ex WW11 pilot with an interesting number of stories particularly on the ineptitude of our CASA. One of the stories being that one of his students was a Barrister, so not a lay person in dealing with bureaucratic jargon. Whilst undertaking his course he was flabbergasted, flummoxed and effectively F%%k over by the inept written AIP, CAR, CAO, CASR, Oai abc’s etc. Being a chap with too many spare neurons he rewrote these in easy speak, submitted to school who passed on to CASA. Response was very good, will get our people to review and publish. When this was done the easy speak had been removed and the gobblygook was twice as bad.