PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2020, 20:32
Vokes55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
There is talk of Grant Shapps changing the criteria for requiring quarantine on arrival in England from 20 cases per 100,000 over 7 days to 100 cases instead - ie 5 fold increase

I have no idea if this will happen or not, but looking at data in Europe, I can't see anywhere that will suddenly become available for unrestricted travel which is not already available - ie we still get just Canaries, Gibraltar, Greece, and Sweden. Everywhere else either has over 100 cases, or has quarantine for arrivals to/from England or requires proof of a recent negative test. Even Greece has a quaratine/testing requirement on quasi-random pax arriving by air

Can anybody else identify places that become available for unrestricted travel to/from England under this possible policy change ?
It would certainly open a lot of Winter sun destinations, many of which will throw their doors open for the tourism income, if they haven’t already. Places like the Dominican Republic (whose cases are now almost as low as the 20 threshold) and Mexico are already open more or less without restriction. Where did you hear about this, out of interest?

I’d be betting on Jamaica coming off the naughty list tomorrow.