PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific ‘to axe 6,000 staff and Dragon brand’ in bid to stay afloat
Old 28th Oct 2020, 09:08
Memorylapse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mngmt mole
I take exception to his comment "no one will shed a tear for KA on here". I do, and I know many of my colleagues do. The fact that the entire airline was executed, coldly and suddenly, means CX management can deal with each of us remaining in the same manner. What has happened to KA has sickened me. So yes, my comment was fair.
Completely agreed - many, many good friends that's been in KA for years that got dumped overnight. A few younger guys that got early command that made it through the KA slog, good on them, I reckon they will have bright futures somewhere else. For some older guys that I know, lives ruined.

I think anyone "not shedding a tear' about KA, I don't even know how anyone could say anything like that? Do we in CX even really, fundamentally understand what this means? I reckon the KA boys are actually better off taking the payouts and leaving, they'll be better off - taking the 3 months/severance/goodwill or whatever and all the rest or whatever you want to call it. We are signing COS18.

I hope expat SO's really also understand the meaning of this - do you really think that CX is going to spend a lot of money on you, type train you, whilst local ex KA FO's, fully type rated, ready to go, will be sitting at home.

I wish every KA pilot well - it is something that should not have happened the way it did, but they are a good bunch of boys.