PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 28th Oct 2020, 05:34
flystar320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am currently in air arabia with the temporary contract and i wish i didnt spent all those money for such.
First of all, you need to know 1500HRS ARE NOT GAURANTTED. Knowing this must be the most important before you make a decision. many of cadets have been terminated without completing 1500hrs nor ATPLl.
You can be terminated during alpha training as well as line training. even after line release, you can be fired any time.

This is a fact. as a second officer or first officer trainee(this is the designation till you get a permanent contract, if you ever get it) you can be fired any time without completing your hours and i have seen those a lot.

When I registered alpha aviation academy, I was told that the course takes 2years and 98% of people get the contract. it took 4years for me and my batchmates. 16 of us started at the beginning but they terminated 2 after ground school(already paid 2 installment) and continuously fired ppl till the end of the course. I know those who completed entire course got terminated and people who were under line training as well.

Probably only a little more than half of us survived till now and no one received the permanent contract. Some got terminated due to attitude problem (don't you think this attitude problem can be very personal? Sometimes you say something right and can be considered as a person with attitude problem) and others got terminated due to performance matter.

You never know if you are going to be outstanding, average or below standard in terms of flying skill. Some are gifted others are not. Ive seen people who got fired even after line training as well.
I understand you all want to see the bright side of the school because you want to become a pilot so badly and i was the same. but reality is different from what they say or what you think.

You really have to have a plan B if you are going to step into this program. with this pandemic i know guys who got terminated without completing 1500hrs and some without ATPL as well. Anyone tell me what these guys going to do, after spending 5-6years and AED 700,000.

This MPL license without 1500hrs is nothing. If you are serious about this program at least you can call or visit school and ask them if this is true or not. if you end up without ATPL after all, you just wasted your time and money and i have absolutely seen them and i am not talking about just 1 or 2 persons.

Now what options do they have? I guess they will go to USA and do CPL and build the flying hours till they make 1500hours, which means they will most probably need minimum of 100,000 dollars and another 2years more.