PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - H125 Seatbelt
Thread: H125 Seatbelt
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2020, 03:05
Saint Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi berwynnz, Despite some of the light-hearted replies to your query, the problem you are facing is safety-related and should be taken seriously. For example; if the helicopter is involved in an accident with passengers on board and it is found that the seats belt mechanisms were known to be defective, whether or not they were contributory to any injuries, then stand well back - the smart-ass lawyers will eat someone for breakfast - don't let it be you. The correct course of action at the moment, in my humble opinion, is to contact your local Airbus Helicopters technical representative and explain the problem to him/her and ask for a resolution. However, having said that I must point out that my experience with Aerospatiale/Eurocopter/Airbus Helicopters tech reps, albeit about 20 years ago, is that they'll either tell you to buy new seat belt assemblies, or remove them and send them back to the factory, or buy a new helicopter. Another avenue that may be open to you is to submit a warranty claim explaining in detail what the problem is and emphasize that you want the problem solved. Good luck.