PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tolerating an un-airworthy aircraft. Wing drops at stall
Old 27th Oct 2020, 07:12
john_tullamarine

Received 94 Likes on 63 Posts
For those folks who don't know the last two posters, I suggest that you heed their counsel well - both are longtime greybeards with a wealth of FT and certification background.

Sean Roberts' excellent slideshow

I'd forgotten Sean's presentation at Avalon - Dave's link is well-worth folks' time in having a look at the files. You might need to gloss over some of the graphs a tad but the basics are pretty clear from an educational perspective.

shows how largely ignorant of the certification standards for Normal category General Aviation (part 23) aircraft most Pruners are.

... and generally in the Industry. Dave and I have moved back into the theory training arena to some extent and, while our efforts represent only a drop in the training bucket, we do try to expose the newchums coming through to things a bit outside the MOS syllabus ... Things haven't changed much - I was actively involved in theory training back in the 70s/80s and the overall lack of knowledge and, worse, misinformation and OWTs, which then acquired the status of Gospel through the uncritical telling and retelling thereof, had to be experienced to be believed .. both then and now.