PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tolerating an un-airworthy aircraft. Wing drops at stall
Old 27th Oct 2020, 02:25
john_tullamarine

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts
Dave, I just relate the tale, as told by SR (who was the instructor TP being entertained), in Sydney when the folk came out around the early 90s. It was just a sideline anecdote so there was not much detail given but the basics of the story were that the stall was progressed and that the result was, as I recall the commentary, not unexpected, the aircraft being one which the school used routinely, as I recall. His story was that the original certification only looked at the initial stall indications with a prompt recovery. The student's exercise, however, quite obviously pushed the girl well into the stall regime. I presume that the approach to the stall would have been modest although I don't recall any specific comments on that point.

The point in my raising the tale for the newchums out there is that there be dragons and that part of the solution to the problem is knowledge .... You, of course, are at the other end of the hack, flick, zoom spectrum.

I'm happy to demonstrate either outcome to you in a Pitts.

I was quite happy to continue playing with gentle aeros after Aub ran us both through the aero endorsement down at Geelong so, pass on your kind offer - quite happy to go along for a sedate session of aeros, of course. As a sidenote, JSJ was the source of my "Chuck" nickname after a ride in the Chippie at RVAC in days now very long gone by.

This the one ? https://planecrashmap.com/plane/ca/N8602J/