PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Navy TexanT6 crash fatal 10-23
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2020, 22:13
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Glad you could jump in here, Wolf. You may be the youngest Nasal Radiator to have gone thru Whiting, but possibly T28B may have you beat.

Bubba's usual FltRdr24 plot might offer a clue. The other plot doesn't show altitude on the fairly long st course, then the end. Without an airspeed sensor broadcasting, looks like we are looking at ground speed. So a near vertical flight path resembles what we see. Also, a stall/spin usually has lots more wreckage and the seats should have been used. The T-34's didn't have seats, best I recall. But this new bird has good ones.

The planes at Whiting have been under suspicion last year or two for incidents involving the OGOGS, so I would not rule out incapacitation of both folks. I don't think a bird strike up high would cause complete loss of control.

Regardless, as it is a sad day for all of us in the Panhandle. Many, many Navy, Army, Coast Guard and USAF aviators here. Active and retired.

So another nickel on the grass for you future aviators, and let's see what they can find to prevent another loss.

Last edited by gums; 26th Oct 2020 at 22:14. Reason: corrections