PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Pilot re-employment ?
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2020, 02:40
getaway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Busbitch
For those of you who have lost their job with an Airline or can plainly see they are about to (like me) can you tell me what jobs you have found or realistically would like to do?
I'm an 18,000 hr heavy jet Pilot & I know my career as an Airline Pilot will be over very soon, I doubt I'll be flying ever again.
I'm too young to retire but no job seems to hold any real appeal for me. For those that have gone through this already, what are you doing for work or planning to do ?
Given the type of person who operates a Jet & has only ever flown for a living and considering my obvious skill set, does anyone have a bright ideas?
I don't need an immediate income but I'm ruined unless I can come up with a decent alternative to flying as I have young children to care for as well.
flight schedules in China are back to pre corona levels & flights are full, if you can believe news coming out of china.

USA deaths rates haven't actually increased, just instead of dying from flu, they die from corona.

Things will be back to normal soon. How long no one knows, but suggest all surviving airlines will be back to normal within 6 to 12 months.

Stop reading all the garbage in the media about cases of corona. Cases mean nothing & deaths are only in the vulnerable.

Will you have to take a pay cut ? Probably, but that's partly due to recession which we had to have.