PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 25th Oct 2020, 00:16
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Letter sent to Attorney Generals Department

25/10/20

To the relevant person within the Attorney Generals Department

I want to lodge allegations against the following CASA Employees for their part in unlawful conduct that has bought detriment to myself and other Entities.

Their conduct has lead to the loss of my two businesses. Melbourne Flight Training a flying school, and APTA a business offering contracted safety and compliance service to smaller flight training operators.

The Commonwealth Ombudsman has completed Phase One of his investigation into this matter, and I am fully satisfied that his Report supports my contention that their misconduct has caused detriment. I am also fully satisfied that Phase Two when completed will highlight further unlawful conduct by CASA personnel.

The allegations are made against
  • Mr. Shane Carmody- CEO of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA)
  • Mr. Jonathan Aleck-CASA Executive Manager, Legal, International, and Regulatory Affairs.
  • Mr. Graeme Crawford- CASA Executive Manager of the Aviation Group
  • Mr. Craig Martin- CASA Region Manager, Southern Region.
  • Mr. Anthony Mathews- Chair of the Board of CASA.

I am alleging that these gentlemen as a collective, have
  • Endeavored to facilitate a cover-up of this matter.
  • Have consistently demonstrated a willingness to deliberately frustrate a fair and lawful outcome by breaching procedures they are obligated to comply with.
  • Have acted unlawfully.
  • Have acted for reasons other than safety.
  • Breached obligations placed on them by the Australian Public Service Code of Conduct and the Australian Public Services Values, CASA Enforcement Procedures as stipulated in their own manuals, breached the Minister's Statement of Expectations, obligations placed on them by the PGPA Act, and obligations placed on them by Administrative Law, Procedural Fairness, and Natural Justice.
  • Misled Senator Susan McDonald in the Senate Estimates Committee
  • Attempted to deliberately mislead the Commonwealth Ombudsman in his investigation with the unsuccessful intention of altering the outcome.

Whilst, not a point of law they have clearly breached the ethical and moral obligations placed on them by CASAs own Regulatory Philosophy.

A full investigation into the conduct of these personnel will bring clarity to the matter. I have raised allegations against these individuals publicly as I have no other choice to defend my reputation. I also believe that their conduct has impacted negatively and demonstrably on aviation safety. Because of the substantive nature of the allegations that I make against them, I believe they are fully entitled to a full and comprehensive investigation.

I await your response on how I should proceed with this matter.

Respectfully

Glen Buckley