PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2020, 19:49
DC3 Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by southside bobby
"Taking advantage of every possible loophole" is pretty much condemned when viewed in individuals & is viewed by society & the media as underhand & is certainly no fit way for a household company to run & be trusted to run a supposed London Airport & is without precedent & frankly shocking.

You may not condemn Stobart but perhaps many of the affected good burghers of Southend may choose to differ.

The reasons for Stobart fighting for survival have been pretty much explored in the forums but with much being the result of their own hubris is no excuse then to plague the residents with more controversial cargo flights for Amazon by sleight of hand as you suggest & support.
When the Wells Avenue residents complain about night flights (and I would never wish to silence them), I think it’s worth remembering that the current agreement saw the number of permitted night flights being reduced from over 900 to 120 per month.

My father gave me a lot of advice. One thing that stuck was, before you buy a property, invest in an ordinance survey map. Look for roads, railways, streams, factory estates, sewerage works, quarries, flightpaths from airports - anything in fact that may have the potential of blighting your life before you buy.

It’s an airport. It has responsibilities. They are defined.

Last edited by DC3 Dave; 24th Oct 2020 at 20:07.