PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Post stand down safety
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2020, 09:45
Colonel_Klink

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre

Substantial sim currency would've been established prior to return to line. Training Captains really busy ensuring all crew being stood up are safe to return to line. For the most part domestic crews will get an opportunity to fly at least once within 7/8 months.
Im not sure what you consider ‘substantial sim currency’, but I am positive that all the airlines will be applying the minimum currency required by the regulations. And I would think that a domestic pilot who has flown once in 7/8 months is going to be seriously rusty.

And for what it’s worth....I am a domestic airline pilot. I am current and can get into an aircraft tomorrow. I have flown once since March. I was fortunate that the day I did go flying, the weather was CAVOK up and down the east coast. I would be very aware of my own limitations going into weather conditions that were forecast up and down the east coast this weekend.

Let’s not kid ourselves - the airlines will do the absolute minimum to get (and keep) their crews current. My airline won’t even spend money on hotel accommodation to send some crews to where the flying is in the name
of currency