PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Mog" Morgan talks Harriers, Sea Harriers and the Falklands
Old 24th Oct 2020, 09:14
Mogwi

Received 378 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by MAINJAFAD
Totally Concur, Definitely going to look up one of the files at the National Archives listed at the back of the book when this Covid cr*p dies down thanks to being a former member of the unit concerned (abet well after the war) plus having worked on the kit a couple of times (S259). Interesting thought about the comments on doing a "pathfinder" Harrier T Mk 4 in the book. Would there have been any issues getting a T Mk 4 aboard the CVS's (can't get them down into the hangar due to elevators being too short or fuel capacity no where near large enough) and if that wasn't an issue why didn't somebody think of stuffing a Pave Spike and monitor out of a Buccaneer into a T Mk 4 and using it as a daylight only designator (or had that kit not yet been embodied yet?).
Actually the T4 had the same fuel capacity as the SHAR and GR3. The refuel system, however, would have needed modification as the CVS hoses would not physically fit the T4 because of slight airframe differences. The only way to refuel onboard was to fit the refuel probe and pump the gas in through that!!

Only done once to my knowledge.

On the other point; I believe Leonardo di Caprio modelled himself on my Falklands look!😊

Mog