PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 20:47
airspeed75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really hope I'm wrong but I do think you need to be in a dream world to think this will happen any time before 2022 or a vaccine of decent efficacy and distribution coming into the mix quickly.

I think a lot of enthusiasm is understandably coming from ex-flyBe crews but sadly they are completely out of touch with the true scale of the issue aviation is facing right now. Most have not worked in aviation since pre-lockdown when airports still had open shops; more than one lane of security open; busy long stay car parks and more than half a page on the departures/arrivals boards.

The situation is truly bleak. Walking to the crew room past empty arrival halls, stationary baggage belts and shuttered shops to then fly single digit loads is the story we are currently facing. The routes I am flying are not international either, so are applicable to the likely market which would be targeted.

Just looking at what other airlines are doing on the ex flybe network is indicative too. Combining services between regional airports just to make it work. Routes which were once 4 times daily down to twice per week. Constant reductions in schedules etc.

All of this combined with ever changing and confusing guidelines and advice from the government on travel and misconceptions on cabin air. Oh, and did I mention the "bounce back greener" initiative?

Sorry to be so bleak but an investment company buying a "brand" which has a largely unsettled reputation and no AOC or aircraft truly aren't breaking into this market anytime soon. Again I would genuinely love to be proven wrong!