PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSB Report on Angel44 asymmetric accident now published.
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 07:41
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 104 Likes on 59 Posts
I have complete confidence that until the day I die, there will continue to be more GA deaths in Australia from engine failure training than from actual engine failures.
Concur. Some of the stories I have heard over the years still send a shivver up my (repaired) spine!

I did most of my CPL and all initial MEIFR training in a Seneca 1, and anyone who has flown this type of aircraft will know about the handling characteristics seemingly peculiar to that particular aircraft.

I possibly had more simulated EFATO's in that a/c than some people have had (insert your favourite whatever) but one thing that my Instructor, the late and much missed Tony Kingham never ever did was do a simulated EFATO below at least 400'.

He made it clear to me on numerous occasions that any failure below that altitude would be genuine!