PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific ‘to axe 6,000 staff and Dragon brand’ in bid to stay afloat
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 05:55
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Globocnik
The problem with that rationale is that Cos18 is a productivity based contract. And impinges on PF and everything else.
None of us will be flying anywhere near 84 hrs for the foreseeable future. Let alone 45 hrs. So at the point of cutover, ie next month, a level 4 cn here in HKG on effectively local terms, will be cheaper than his based counterpart. And that’s what they’ll look at. Along with LSL, and just being a general thorn in their sides and not worth the candle. Note that I take no pleasure in this. Just pointing out that they’ve achieved NR’s dream and got us all on local terms. So I would definitely expect the worst. And
I wouldn’t place too much hope on 1st world courts. They will have bigger fish to fry once the collateral damage from the pandemic has kicked in.

No again, Oz based Pilots are stood down on 50% plus the Govt pays Cx job keeper. Stood down until flying improves....So by March 2021 they will have been on 50% a whole year......A very BIG saving to Cx.
The Oz based Pilots have made a huge sacrifice for the company and probably will for a bit longer.....

Oh and a HK Captain 4 doing zero hours still gets up to $33K a month housing and possibly Education allowances as well on top of the base salary......... So tell me how Oz based are more expensive on a paltry 50% moving forward until flying increases?

This is not about HKG v Oz base ( or any other base ) Pilots......but don’t tell me Oz bases aren’t cheap, they most certainly are for what Cx get.