PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Online study
Thread: Online study
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 01:41
turbantime

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Templar,
I too have started the MBA pathway in Australia. I don’t have a previous degree so looked for institutions that recognise professional work experience for x years as a substitute. I applied to one of the universities that fitted my criteria and the application was similar to a job interview. I’m in the graduate certificate stream at the moment and can continue on to the diploma followed by masters seamlessly.

As layman mentioned, it has been a big learning curve. I almost quit during my first subject, but persevered through it and am now on to my third subject. If you have interest in business then you’ll find it very educational, if not then I imagine it would be quite boring.

As you mentioned, pilots tend to **** on MBA graduates but it is a very useful qualification to have. I talked to many friends and family in the private sector and they mentioned that the MBA as a qualification is highly credentialed and recommended me down this path. In saying that, I’m under no illusion and that starting in another industry would likely mean starting at the bottom but hopefully it means getting a start and then working your way up.

Good luck with your studies and if you want more info, PM me.