PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 22:23
GoEDI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot
That "reason" was to give the NHS three weeks of breathing space. The reason now is to save lives where the average age of COVID deaths is 82 and life expectancy is only 81. The rules are grossly disproportionate to the quantifiable risk. This is the Madness of Crowds, a hysterical over-reaction with no proper exit strategy.

Ireland are locking down hard, Wales just announced shopping for "non essential items" is to be illegal until otherwise stated. It's a group insanity driven by politicians well out of their depth. The reality may only hit home if and when Emirates drops EDI or someone like United "postpones" any return for summer 2021. (MAN is already gone). This whole farce is spiralling into the realm of the absurd, and the degree of long term self harm is still not being widely understood. If BA get through 2021 without being nationalised that's a win. It's not as if there's anyone capable of filling that gap from the UK side.
In a perverse way I'm almost ready to welcome the incoming complete economic collapse with open arms at this stage, as I think it's the only thing likely to slap the majority out from their blinkered Gov/media formed covid fear clouds, and see the bigger picture here. Reap what you sow etc...

To keep it on topic it seems EK have already dropped EDI recently anyway, with all flights being removed from their booking engine...so there's definitely nothing hitting home yet based on that development. Personally I find EZY dropping from over 200 flights a week last November, to 22 flights a week this Nov even more alarming.