PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 20:41
DC3 Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AirportPlanner1
To be fair to the poster loads on some of the original ATR routes were really low and I think that average stats would back that up. Certainly my experience of Antwerp first time round was something like 15, 10 and 8 but it did much better second time. Overall I found numbers to be erratic rather than consistently low, I was a regular traveller to MAN with loads varying from 8 to virtually full although about 25 northbound and 30 southbound seemed about average for my journeys.
Thank you. I am happy to take you on your word of your own experience. I clearly remember you reported on the route during its life. So 25 to 30 would be a good load to MAN ( 3 times a day I recall)

My own experience tells me I never made it to Rennes, because I didn’t want to pay £250 + return when I fancied the trip for purely leisure reasons. And I made it to Groningen on an aircraft that was around 80% full both ways (around 60 pax).

All I would say if anyone wishes to make statements saying that 20 pax would be considered busy across all Flybe branded routes from Southend clearly should take the time to
look at the freely available CAA stats.