PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA theory exams center in or near Australia?
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 04:12
dive and drive

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DeltaT
Also, given the way they work over that part of the world, there is not the conversion hurdles you might think. Getting a Irish licence used to be just a paper formality to convert to UK, for example, and for some was a easier path. "Not recognised" doesn't necessarily mean repeating tests like it does downunder.
Thanks mate. I'm fully aware from the beginning of next year and for the following 2 years the conversion from an EASA to an UK national licence will be an easy process while it won't be the case the other way around. That's why for now I'm only interested in other European CAAs and only interested in EASA conversion.

There is a relatively straightforward licence validation process that allows you to fly in Euroland for up to two years before having to fully convert to EASA and maybe that's what you're pointing at.

Unfortunately if one wants to fly in Europe for more than 2 years sooner or later he/she has to sit the 14 ATPL exams.

Originally Posted by DeltaT
If you end up ok with a UK licence, you can also call L3 in Hamilton NZ and see whats available.
I called them a couple of years ago and they didn't have approved facilities to sit theory exams. I might give them another call now but I doubt much changed since.