PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific ‘to axe 6,000 staff and Dragon brand’ in bid to stay afloat
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 01:21
unitedabx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happened yesterday to Dragonair ( to give it it's proper title ) was appalling. In the past I have chastised it's pilots and union but no one deserved what was done yesterday and a good airline was simply "snuffed out". Good luck to all at KA.
For the rest in CX the DFO's letter says it all and gives away the furture plans. COS18 was always going to be the contract for all CX pilots by hook or by crook and Covid provided the perfect opportunity and CX took it. Without LIFO the company can introduce the next cuts as early as 1st Jan 2021. That will be the retirement of the 777 fleet and redundancy of all 777 pilots. No LIFO protection anymore. As you become more familiar with your new contract you will every area has been eroded. Medical, leave, sickness, retirement, pension, housing , education, promotion, C&T allowances and of course salary. Ask yourself "if I were starting out and looking at CX as a furure employer would I sign up to this COS18". Answer NO. But in the next 2 weeks everyone will. Hobsons Choice.