PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 21st Oct 2020, 11:11
Shipwreck00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glenb
I received some advice that i should make a request under Freedom of Information to obtain the Australian Public Service CASA Employee Census. It was distributed to 838 CASA Employees with 737 responding (88% response rate).

I have attached a couple of pages that raised questions about CASA Senior Leadership. The responses are quite informative, but to be honest, don't really surprise me.

Only 58% of respondents thought their direct Senior Leadership was of high quality. (18% less than other medium-sized agencies)
Only 37% of respondents thought their Senior Executive overall was of high quality (26% less than other medium-sized agencies)
Only 32% of respondents thought that the Senior Executive work as a team. (15% less than other medium-sized agencies)

It certainly highlights the dissatisfaction within CASA with the Senior Executive.

One would have thought those results alone would raise alarm with the Ministers Department, and compel him to instigate change of Australias national aviation safety regulator, CASA.

Keep digging. I hear inspector numbers of pilots and engineers have halved in a short term. Lits leave none replaced. Word is on the street that moral is poor as and staff are bullied. There are a couple of reports on regulators, the one on the New Zealand authority is really damning, bullying, abuse, same for FAA, sounds like ours is the same. Probably need to fix the rot first.