PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What the Pilot Wanted Cartoons
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2020, 11:06
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by sycamore
H`n H`.....strongly advise you Not ,REPEAT NOT to look at `NSFW(6488) on that website....!!
Err, not had a chance to check sycamore. Why, is it showing something a Pilot may want????? Praps I'll look later!!!!!!!!! Got to reply to tdracer first.....

Originally Posted by tdracer
This one has always been one of my favorites (a copy graced my desk at work for many years):

It also comes frighteningly close to some of the Laplace Transformations I had to show back in my college controls class...
tdracer, for me to get a Laplace Transform correct did take a "miracle". To this day I have no idea how I ever passed that part of my Degree Course!!!!!

Maybe I applied the same technique as I did to my one and only rock-climbing effort in 1981 under the watchful eye of a "kindly" RM Instructor - having explained to him that I didn't really "do" heights (tho flying S&L, Inverted, Unusual Attitudes is no problem!!!!! Bring that on!!!!!). It took me 10 minutes to climb 6 ft up a 30 ft cliff - along with a continuous torrent of abuse from the Bootneck up above at the top. The last thing I recall doing was shouting up, "Where can I put my hand next???" which only elicited a further torrent of abuse!

The next thing I recall is being at the top ..... with a VERY startled Bootneck Instructor looking at me thus..... !

"H 'n' H, how the fu£& did you manage that? I couldn't even pull the e££ing safety rope in fast enough! If you'd fallen you'd have been a gonner!! Don't you ever do that sort of thing again!!!". "Staff, I have no e££ing idea how I got here, the last I recall was I was wayyyy down there!". We both looked at each other in silence and then, in a very calm voice but with a dying echo of panic still there, the Bootneck said, "H 'n' H, if it's OK with you Sunshine, I think we should skip the rest of rock-climbing for you, don't you?". At that point the Bootneck and I were on exactly the same wavelength!!!! And, nope, I do not remember the intervening 24 ft (or however many it was)!!!!