PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSB Report on Angel44 asymmetric accident now published.
Old 21st Oct 2020, 09:24
aroa

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
As a close witness to this accident I had made an unrecorded statement to a young ATSB visitor . I heard it coming, looked to the strip 100 mts away to see it and watched it rotate and climb poorly only about 200mtrs from runways end. At approximately 100 ft it banked right with the gear down, and it was all down hill from there....over the corn field. When it banked right again, my initial thought was it was to avoiding the upcomming power line and /or buildings ahead....and sh*t that is a LOW level circuit Distance between those difficult to asssess from my perspective,
But sadly it wasnt a turn at all it was the right wing letting go airflow -wise and it plunged into the corn, after about 1/4 rotation. I wasnt aware of a lot of noise after the initial turn off the strip ...it was like watching from behind a glider on finals ...coming into land ...wrongly ! Its a bugger if you dont get it right.
RIP them 2 gents.