PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2020, 19:25
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Playamar2
JCVI produced a list of who would qualify for the vaccination. This is the provisional order.
1. Over 80 plus health & care home workers and high risk over 65
2. Over 75
3. Over 70
4. Over 65
5. High & moderate risk under 65
6. Over 60
7. Over 55
8. Over 50
9. Rest of population
The UK has ordered 100 million doses from AstraZeneca/jJenner Institute Oxford Uni so there should be enough to go around (UK population 68 million). They have also ordered 30 million form Pfizer, 60 million from Sanofi/GSK and 60 million from Novavax. Per head of population the UK has ordered more than any other country - hedging their bets that at least one vaccine will come through.

As I am not in the first 3 groups I would take the vaccine when offered as some countries may bar entry to non vaccinated visitors or you have to go into quarantine.
Question that will get asked is why groups 1-3 (excluding healthcare workers etc) are deemed priority V people working and contributing to the economy. Sorry but this will get asked as if 1-3 are priority and the lower numbers start dying then whose output will be there to contribute to the taxes to pay for groups 1-3.

Of course excluding healthcare essential workers in 1-3 if many of these people died then perhaps Govt may look on it as not necessarily a bad thing. How much they would save from Pension / Healthcare and inheritance of peoples assets.

I don't think yet we have many politicians who think of the 2 points above but you can be pretty sure there are some that do.