PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you disapprove of the beard policy do not read further....
Old 20th Oct 2020, 15:12
m0nkfish

Received 56 Likes on 19 Posts
Glad I left when I did.

What a load of woke clap trap nonsense, not only from the senior leadership of the RAF, but also some of the posters on here. Uniformity in the military has played a vital role in establishing ethos, unity, respect, discipline and the necessary esprit de corp that we will desperately need if we ever find ourselves fighting for our survival again. When I joined the RAF it was like joining a family, and establishing a totally new way of life. When I left it was more like a nine to five job with the bar empty on Fridays, nobody attending dinning in nights, the absolute minimum time at work to get the job done and then as quickly out the front gate as possible. Crew room chat was dominated by airlines, licenses and how to access resettlement courses, even from the JP’s who had only just arrived on their first tour but had somehow been in the RAF for ten years. Basically, it couldn’t have felt less military if it tried.

The RAF has lost its way. And when you get lost you don’t aimlessly start firing off in random directions (as I painfully learnt on my FNT), you retrace your steps to find the path. The RAF should be looking to undo some of the nonsense of the last few years rather than silly ‘virtue signalling’ crap like this.