PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What the Pilot Wanted Cartoons
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2020, 15:53
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
There is a software design version which I like.

Richards guide to software developmentHOW THE SOFTWAREis designed.80%HOW MUCH TIME HAS TO 4 8 SPENT / software development :: comics (funny comics & strips, cartoons) / funny pictures & best jokes: comics, images, video, humor, gif animation - i lol&

The bit for me in this, when I did a PM role for a major IT "development", was the "What the Customer Really Wanted" box. It was spot on!!!!

My IT suppliers (the DCSA) were doing their nut and didn't believe me when I kept on saying that the customer had no idea at all what they wanted so I could not give them any Specs. I explained that we'd just need to roll out more of what they already had to the new people despite the fact it was meant to "transform how they worked" and that they'd just have to put in RFCs to modify it once they figured out how they wanted to "transform" once they were up and running.

Eventually, after a major meeting with the customers and suppliers in the same room, the DCSA realised that H 'n' H was not deranged (well, at least not completely deranged) and that my suggestion was the only solution. Never did find out whether any RFCs got raised as, directly after "Go Live" I left the Post! Not, it was planned that way ... and not by me .... before anyone accuses me of being "a rat abandoning a sinking ship"!!!!

Eek, eek!!!!! H 'n' H

PS Buster11, I recall the one you do but, sadly, don't have a copy.

Last edited by Senior Pilot; 23rd Oct 2020 at 11:25. Reason: Insert image