PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2020, 13:25
OzzyOzBorn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The PM & his Cabinet have been woeful in marshalling effective action to protect the populous & therefore the economy.
It is so easy to snipe from one's armchair with the benefit of hindsight. Ministers had to make tough calls under extreme pressure with very limited scientific data to go on. They got some things wrong, but alot right. And the upshot is C-19 deaths running at 10% of that forecast under the Ferguson model. Take a look at the performance of comparable nations around the world, some doing better, some worse - but the UK is doing as well as can be expected from a medical perspective given our circumstances as a highly-diverse society and global crossroads.

I agree that the economic response could have been handled better - particularly with respect to aviation. But that is down to Sunak. Who is the favourite by far to replace Johnson in the event of a leadership contest.

So, given that there is no election due for nearly four years with a solid Conservative majority in place, I would ask you who you would propose that the party leader (PM) should be? Do you really want Sunak? Who else has a shout?

I wouldn't mind Sajid Javid, myself - he was clearly sensible and pro-aviation. But I've got about as much chance of landing the job as him!

Last edited by OzzyOzBorn; 19th Oct 2020 at 13:47.