PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MY TRAVEL (again)
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2003, 23:12
SLT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As most people know, tailscrape and I don't tend to see eye to eye on many issues. Indeed, after the last little scrap on here I thought we had made a bit of progress and a "truce" had been called. But........
Tailscrape, I don't think it's the fact that you posted the newspaper article on here that has everybody wound up, after all it was as you quite correctly point out in the public domain and not inflammatory in any way. What seems to get people's backs up is the tactless and insenstive way in which you shoot back at anyone who has the gall to post any criticism of your point of view. You fire from the hip every time and whether you realise it or not, it does not increase people's respect for you. If I had to pick a word to describe you, it would be "arrogant", because that is how you come across. I'm not looking to anger you, or wind you up, but that's how I see you and I would imagine that I'm not the only one. And as for threatening one of your fellow professionals - "Put your nappy on you sad xxxx,and if I find out who you are...be warned!!" (A quote from tailscrape's PM to Flex). Well..................I leave the judgement on the professionalism behind that to the readership of PPRuNe.

At the end of the day, we are all supposed to be reasonably intelligent professional people, and I can't see how these endless slanging matches serve anyone or anything. Yes it is frustrating and worrying for us at MYT when we see the endless rumour and speculation surrounding us on a daily basis, but I personally believe we will survive. Yes the results are going to be horrendous, possibly worse than forecast, but I still believe that we will eventually pull through. I think it's going to be a long hard battle, but hopefully one we will win in the end. If we don't, then it will be us MYT employees and our families who have to live with it, not anyone else.
Thankyou to everyone who has wished us well - your wishes are warmly received. To those who wish us ill - Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

SLT

Last edited by SLT; 5th Dec 2003 at 03:49.