PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How good is Alliance!!!!
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2020, 01:50
novicef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Daddy just for you. I believe Alliance does have a seniority list in that when a position is available the airline does peruse the list and offer positions in that order but it is not strictly followed.
I see from your previous postings, you for one is not for promotion on seniority but on merit. I would say for people already on the list they would disagree. However the unemployed or dreamers would like to do away with it. Remember a few hours on a CRJ is not considered a lot of experience. Especially where the type rating was bought instead of earned. Also anything under 45 tons is considered light.
Perhaps you should have thought of qualifying for an EU licence first which would have enabled you to obtain a position with a regular airline without having to buy a type rating. However if you felt buying the rating was a quicker way to achieve your goals a 737 or 320 rating would have been of greater benefit, at least both are over 50 tons. Unfortunately only having King Air experience would have made the conversion pretty demanding and in the case of the 320 nearly impossible. You seem to have applied for jobs far and wide, however most airlines like stability, what they don't want is a pilot obtaining a type rating and then leaving for greener pastures. Also, pilots in their mid forty's without genuine command experience raises questions as to their suitability unless they are from a legacy carrier where time to command is slow. Any way best of luck.