PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 17th Oct 2020, 15:00
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by WHBM
I do feel the (unprovable) carbon monoxide issue is being seized on by those, from the organiser to the regulator, to cover their own issues. Quite apart from everything else already described, it's more than a coincidence that, in the whole round trip, it chanced to incapacitate the pilot just at the one point in the flight when they encountered adverse meteorological conditions and got away from the VFR he was licensed for.
WHBM, you will have seen my position from my previous posts but, yes, I can see that happening:-

Emiliano:- Dave, I'm feeling a bit cold, (as they approach the front or whatever - the freezing level was 3 - 4k) can we have some heating on if possible?

Dave:- Yeh, sure! No problems! {Cabin heating to "On"}.

Sadly, I think this is "Swiss Cheese" at it's best (or worst) in action. Just maybe Dave was in the position where, not only were the flight conditions getting on top of him, but the final straw was the cabin heating going on and CO taking over. Recovery of the plane (and I've seen nothing to say it has so please correct me if wrong on that) would prove the physical state of the heating controls.

But we have to go back to the main argument here; what were they even doing in the air at all that evening? As you say WHBM, some people are using it as the only "cause" when, in fact, neither of them should have been up there that evening. What a shame someone had not flown it earlier and reported it after feeling "unwell". And, thank goodness they were not 6 up over a built up area if it was CO. But, ultimately, what a shame Dave convinced himself that "It's fine, I can do this!" to himself!

Of course, the legal beagles will just be seeing who they can sue for max $$$'s which will ensure common sense gets thrown out the window..... That, dear reader, is another story......