PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - opinions on bristol G.S distance atpl course
Old 4th Dec 2003, 21:32
Northern Highflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fully support all the comments above. Currently half way through Mod 1 with BGS. I am covering a frame per week on average with around 12 to 15 hours per week study. It is a big committment but make sure you build in a little free time or it may overwhelm you. Sometimes I find it hard to make time for study on some days and feel guilty if I don't "get the hours in", but the most important thing is that you learn at a pace that suits you and that you remember it all. No good rushing through it and forgetting it because you will only have to do it all again further down the line. Support from the team at BGS is prompt and clearly explained.

For those that are in front of me, I cannot decide which brush up course to book in for. I hope to have completed all the Mod 1 study by the end of Jan 04. This to be followed by some revision and a go at a few tests. I could possibly make the Feb brush up course and definitely the March one. I am not sure whether to risk booking for Feb or wait for March. Once I have covered the material should the brush up be all I need or will I need several weeks of revision first?

I am reasonably happy that I know the material even though I often feel like I have forgotten some of it. Every 5 frames I also do a quick revision over the material again before moving on.