PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isle of Man-2
Thread: Isle of Man-2
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2020, 17:05
JSCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jenny Tails
That is certainly a sentiment shared with others that I have spoken to who live on your island.

I'd be very careful of your current Covid-free status. It certainly sounds like there are people (JCSL et al) that would sell you out for their share of silver coins.

There is no 'long term planning' for any country until the virus subsides globally and that is a few years off.
I’ll be frank, I have travelled off the Island only a matter of weeks ago and travelled to four other countries (including the UK), then completed my self isolation period. It was very interesting to see different approaches to the virus and more than ever, makes me think the IOM should align itself less with the UK and how the situation goes there, compared to what I’ve seen elsewhere. Everywhere other than the UK actually had the feeling of normality, bar the obvious limitations regarding mask usage in certain scenarios and settings. Not like that which I have become accustomed to, but not far from it.

I think outside of the older population, most folk are starting to see that whilst this current situation is a benefit to living in this great Island, it has also shown how small the place can feel. It’s not a matter of selling out, but a more thought out approach to facilitating certain types of travel with a more rigorous testing regime. You cannot think only about the here and now, but must think ahead and beyond the virus.