PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Europe at NCL
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2020, 10:33
Gordomac

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Blimey ! What a read. As I said earlier, I had no idea we were out to "harm" Dan or that the antagonism persisted. "We" thought Dan was out to harm us (!)BA certainly was but again, as I said earlier, very clever dudes behind all this but very murky waters eh ? Glad to have been just an airframe driver but the hit ( I was at Gatters the day we ceased ops, wondering where me FO was and why the cabin crew on my trip were all in tears) was hard to take. Destined for the MD11, I had just sank a hefty chunk on a Volvo Estate for wife & kids and a Mini-Cooper for me. Drove the Cooper back to Brighton after popping into VA HQ to ask if there were any jobs and, according to Memsahib, just sat at the Kitchen breakfast bar for 8 hours, staring out the window !

About four doors down from me lived a DA 727 Skipper, can't remember his name, Dennis something, looked like a Viking Warrior. After my "For Sale" sign went up outside my house, bumped into him walking his Dog & he passionately remarked " Well, it was either you or us " !

Glad I was not embarking on a Summer Base at NCL. Would have been a very long drive home but less traumatic, perhaps, than your experience "Brakedwell".

Remember many Laker Stewies crying on my shoulder.................... but that's another story !.........................