PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isle of Man-2
Thread: Isle of Man-2
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2020, 21:39
Tonyq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by milleriom
Dear JSCL, of the hundreds of people I see or otherwise hear, no-one has said that ''the border situation is at breaking point'' so I am sure that the situation as at now is emphatically not ''One which - from what I've seen - the population are getting incredibly tired of''! One of us is wrong about the local majority view on the IOMG's travel restrictions and we shall just have to wait and see whether any firm clear evidence emerges in time to come as to which of us was mistaken about that at this time!

In the meantime I wish you, yours and everyone else very good health and much happiness.

Best wishes

milleriom
I have no idea who you are, or why you have suddenly appeared on this forum, making wild, sweeping, unsubstantiated statements, and purporting to speak on behalf of the majority of the Isle of Man population.

Let me give you a reality check. You don't!

Yes, the IOMG have done some things well, but it is most definitely not a universal view that they have done everything well and it is clear that they do not have a credible exit strategy, ready to be implemented when the time is right (which it obviously isn't now).

I concur with JCSL that there are several elements of the borders policy which are clearly unsustainable, and many people are frustrated by where we are, and the lack of clarity about where we are heading.

Anyway, as this is an aviation forum, can I suggest you take your views to Manx Forums (www.manxforums.com) where you will definitely find people who are prepared to indulge in the kind of debate you seem to be looking for!