PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2020, 21:01
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dannyboy39
I was listening to an interview with Eddie Wilson this morning, CEO of Ryanair DAC on this. Surely you can see the ridiculousness of having a green list with zero countries on? Not (yet) implementing the guidance from the ECDC / EU. And considering at the peak of the peak, the air border from Ireland never (and wouldn't have ever) closed per the GFA, I don't understand why this CTA is being ignored.
Ireland has pretty much been in lockdown since March, they insisted on a 14 day quarantine for visitors from the UK and this has not changed since June. They act quickly against the limited number of pubs who have openly flouted the rules, not all pubs were allowed open, Licence revocation faces those who got caught. Unlike here it appears that Govt ministers and other policticians who flouted the rules found a resignation letter needs to be written or else dismissal.

My neigbour due to get married in Aug will return to Ireland in Nov for 6 weeks, hoping she can get married in late December and that is based on likely having grandparents, parents and siblings at a maximum.

Our stages of opening and now lockdown seems almost a carbon copy of what I read weeks ago being applied in Ireland, somehow people coming from Ireland don't appear to be the risk as their total cases are less than UK have had since Monday.