PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isle of Man-2
Thread: Isle of Man-2
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2020, 13:59
JSCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by milleriom
I do not think that at all. It is our Government (which as mentioned above faces a General Election next year) that speaks on behalf of the people of the Isle of Man (and like it or not, yes that most certainly is ''our people'') and to date they have had some strict controls on the borders. It is patently absurd to suggest that they have done so in a manner that is inconsistent with the wishes of the majority of the ('our') people. If you do not like that then you can of course vote against the current incumbent(s) in your constituency next year should he/she/they stand again!

This is a sterile argument as the IOM Government's views on the matter since March remain consistently and abundantly clear and I support and praise that whether you do so or not.
But your view does not represent the majority, even though you think it does.

It is difficult not to support what is currently going on. But the border situation is at breaking point. One which - from what I've seen - the population are getting incredibly tired of.

The election doesn't matter. HQ, LS and some of the big names we see today won't be standing next year. Nobody elected these people on the basis of doing what they've done. They were elected on other promises, all of which are irrelevant in respect of the current pandemic.