PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - question
Thread: question
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2003, 19:12
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yachtpilot and ex-mad dog driver, this forum is for Wannabes, not for experienced pilots. For your information, Wannabes are those who have yet to complete their flying training and are embarking on their early steps towards obtaining the required professional licences.

You may not be able to remember this far back in your own flying careers, but there was a time when even you two didn't know everything, and you had to ask questions to learn what you now know. So, unless you have some constructive and helpful answers to give this lad, who doesn't even posess a PPL yet, please stay out of the conversation.

critch please ignore the two individuals I've mentioned above. I hope you'll find that they are not representative of the professional pilots you will meet in your career.

As for your question, while there is no fully correct answer - you would need much more information on the circumstances to reach a considered judgement - I suspect that EZ are looking for very much what 737child suggests. You would have stated that you are passing the minima (lowest altitude and visibility limits) for that approach and that nothing is seen. You should then establish the Captain's intentions (which he should state automatically on hearing the 'minimums' call). If he states that he is continuing, and the runway is still not in sight, you should advise a go-around. If, despite that, he insists on continuing to land, you should do your best to ensure that the landing is as safe as possible. Only once the aircraft is safely on the ground and you have completed your duties should you start the process of investigation by telling the Captain that you intend to report his actions - assuming that there were no overriding circumstances that made his actions correct.

Scroggs