PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isle of Man-2
Thread: Isle of Man-2
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2020, 20:53
milleriom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyerguy
Neither a threat nor speculation. The virus is going to be part of our everyday life for the foreseeable future. Economy’s in locked down areas such as the Island are going to start becoming weaker without connections to the outside world.

To say that that post was a threat when airlines are doing the same around the world is just ludicrous.

Airlines selling routes that keep getting put back are simply going to remove them all together so customers are not purchasing tickets and then having to refund back and forth
I do not disagree. I was merely trying to point out that the known clear majority views of the local residents heavily outweigh the financial interests of any airline on any given route from or to the Isle of Man.

For anyone to suggest that there is a connectivity and consequent economic problem for the island in the absence of Easyjet is entirely wrong. Easyjet (whom I like a lot and use frequently) are not essential to the island being the first discount airline ever to serve it and having done so only in recent years. The island is currently being served well by Loganair flights to London City six days per week (this route is believed to be transferring soon to Heathrow) London obviously being the key route for outbound and inbound business pax, Liverpool (double daily x 6 days) and Manchester six days per week) and a fast ferry to Liverpool centre from March to early November and traditional ferries double daily to Heysham or Birkenhead. The ferries also normally serve Belfast and Dublin seasonally.