PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA @ Edinburgh shambles this evening.
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2020, 07:00
srjumbo747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by olster
Sorry, but I obviously did not explain well enough so let me clarify. I am well aware that it is the outsourced handling company that provides ancillary equipment. Ironiquement I have been in exactly the same position at the sharp end of a leisure airline B737 prior to my retirement. This happened more than once and I was unsurprisingly based @EDI.The only difference was that I was not on the PA every 20 seconds plus personal appearance in front of the passengers ad nauseam. Sometimes less is more.I know that it is not the flight crew fault but the self aggrandisement on the PA coupled with snippy cabin crew and combined with the water, crisps and face masks add up to a miserable experience. And we were imprisoned for 55 minutes due organisational issues which I would have thought a ‘superior ‘ product such as BA could have provided. Yes I know it is not the worst shambles in the world but it is not good either. Hope that helps.
The BA S/H pilots just won’t shut up and fully backed by the cabin crew but I won’t bang on about their PA’s
35 minute flight from Jersey to LHR
Welcome from the Captain
After take off PA
Mid flight PA
Before Landing PA
After landing PA
Goodbye at the door.
Ridiculous in the extreme.